Why do you need your business on Google Maps?
More and more users prefer Internet to Yellow pages to find a company or service online or offline. Search engines have adapted to offer targeted results by location.
Internet giant Google understood the business stakes to be present on Internet and today the search engine geolocates the position of each researcher to propose him the best results and promote local businesses. So your potential customers can easily find you and go to your shop or office.
For example, you are walking on the street and you are looking for a pizzeria or a dentist, Google will display results based on your location through Google and Google Maps with reviews and useful information such as address or open hours.
To be visible on these results, you can now add your business on Google through Google My Business.
New service for SMEs: Google My Business
Google has updated its tools for business owners. Now you can update your company information, add photos, read reviews and use Google+ social network in the same tool. This new service is called Google My Business.
Google My Business allows companies to become visible on Google search engine. Companies, previously signed to other Google’s business-oriented services (including Google Places and the previous versions Google+ tools) will now be automatically transferred to Google My Business. For companies that have never signed to any Google service, this tool will be used by default.
After registration and providing the necessary information, Google My Business will add all this information about your business on Google Search, Google Maps and Google+. Your clients will find your business through all devices and all search methods (web, social networking, maps and etc.).
This service allows you to easily share information via Google+ and Facebook. You will be able to:
- read and answer to Google reviews;
- post photos, offer virtual tours;
- add news, events and other updates that they want to share with your potential and current clients.
How to create your account on Google My Business?
1. Go to http://www.google.com/business/.
2. Click on ‘Get on Google’.
3. Create a Google account or log in with an existing account.
4. Search your business location on the map.
- If the location for your business already exists - click on the link.
- If not, create a page for your company: click on “Not a local business?” and select the category of your business.
[If you select ‘Storefront’ or ‘Service Area’, you will be sent back to the map to find your location. If you don’t have a brick-and-mortar shop you have to select ‘Brand’. You will be sent to a new page to create you Google + Brand Page.]
5. After finding or creating your business location and type, click on it.
6. Google will create your Google + page. Check ‘I am authorized to manage this business’ and click continue.
7. Google will verify your business. Click on ‘Mail me my Code’. Your code will be sent to your business location.
8. Do a quick tour of Google My Business.
9. Add a photo, business hours, contact information, additional photos, your website, intro to your page. Click on ‘Done Editing’.
Now you have your business account in Google My Business!
Google My Business is free, fast, simple and beneficial to your Internet visibility. Few local companies are set so go ahead now create your business page on Google My Business.